Olive-Mary Stitt Elementary School is a collaborative school community with responsible students who are passionate, global learners.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Meet the new Assistant Principal

Hello Olive-Mary Stitt Families,
I am thrilled to have joined the Olive-Mary Stitt staff as Assistant Principal.  I have heard wonderful words about the staff, students, families, and community that surrounds and supports our school.
I started my career in Business with a finance degree from Western Michigan University and later returned to school to pursue my Masters in Education.  I graduated from Wayne State University with a Masters of Arts in Teaching having concentrated on Science and Early Childhood Development.  Two years ago I completed my Masters Degree in School Leadership from Concordia University in River Forest.
The majority of my time teaching was in 4th grade, but I have experience working with students from pre-school through 8th grade.  All in all, I have 13 years of classroom experience with the previous 8 years being in Forest Park, Illinois.  I loved every minute of being in the classroom and still do!
When I am not at school, I enjoy walking my dog Louie, reading, quilting (a family tradition), and spending time with my mother, sisters and their families.
Thank you for the warm welcome that so many of you have extended me in the few moments I am able to be outside in the morning and afternoon.  I look forward to connecting with all of the students and families at OMS.
Here is to a great year, construction and all!

Ms. Davis