OMS Parent-Teacher Conferences
Monday, November 21 and Tuesday, November 22, 2016
At Olive-Mary Stitt Elementary School, we value a strong partnership between home and school. Twice a year, once in November and once in March, time is provided for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Parent-Teacher Conferences are a valuable time to share information and discuss the progress of our students. Parents will be able to sign up for Parent-Teacher Conferences online, using http://www.signupgenius.com. Parents will be provided links to begin signing up for conferences on Wednesday, 11/2/16, at 10 AM. The window for signing up for fall conferences will be Wednesday, 11/2/16 at 10 AM through Wednesday, 11/16/16 at 10 AM.
The conferences are scheduled in 20-minute increments. In order to be fair and equitable to all our OMS families, each family may sign up for only one evening conference each year. Families can choose to either sign up for an evening conference in the fall or the spring, not both.
OMS Parent Teacher Conferences Fall 2016
Directions for Online Conference Scheduling
- Fall Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on Monday, 11/21/16 and Tuesday, 11/22/16. The window for signing up for conferences will be Wednesday, 11/2/16 at 10 AM through Wednesday, 11/16/16 at 10 AM. You will receive an email from OMS Administration on 11/2/16 initiating the scheduling process.
- If you already received an email from your teacher regarding your child’s conference time, you do not need to sign up again using these directions, as your conference time slot is already blocked out on the schedule. This priority scheduling only applies to unique situations where certain school personnel are needed for a conference.
- Parents will schedule conference appointments using SignUpGenius. Use this link for SignUpGenius Directions With Screenshots.
- Each teacher has a unique link, so if you have multiple children, you must login separately using the appropriate link. Hyperlinks that appear above the selected teacher’s name take you directly to SignUpGenius schedules for all of our classroom teachers and will be provided in the 11/2/16 email. If you have any difficulty using the link, please try using a different Internet browser.
- If you have a SignUpGenius account, choose “I’m a SignUpGenius member.” If you do not have or want a SignUpGenius account, choose “I do not have a SignUpGenius account” and fill out your name and email address. If you have multiple conferences to coordinate, you may want to consider signing up for a SignUpGenius account as this will allow you to make changes as you go in and out of different teachers’ schedules.
- If you want to create a SignUpGenius account, select “Create a Sign Up.” If you choose to create an account, you will be able to log in and edit your time slot during the conference sign-up window, if you need to make a change. If you need to make a change after the window closes, you will need to email your child’s teacher.
- If you sign in, select Settings on the right-hand side, select the Other tab at the top, then confirm the time zone is set to Central (Central Standard Time). If you have to change the timezone, don’t forget to click Update Settings at the bottom.
- On your child’s teacher’s conference schedule, identify which 20-minute time slot you would like to reserve. In the column labeled Available Slot, click on the SignUp button next to the time you would like to reserve, then click on the Submit and SignUp located at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like to sync your conference time with iCalendar, select “Send me a confirmation email with an iCalendar (.ics) file.”
- If you have a specific question/area you would like addressed during the conference, please indicate this in the “My Comment” field.
- Click on the “Sign Up Now!” button.
- Do not forget to add your conference time to your calendar. If you do not have a SignUpGenius account and you log on to your child’s teacher’s schedule at a later date, you will only see time slots that are “Already Filled,” not specific names.
- You will receive an email reminder 4 days prior to your selected conference date.
- We look forward to seeing you on 11/21/16 or 11/22/16 for your child's conference!