Olive-Mary Stitt Elementary School is a collaborative school community with responsible students who are passionate, global learners.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Author Peter Reynolds Will Visit OMS



Olive is honored to host award-winning author and illustrator, Peter Reynolds on Friday, February 2 for students in Kindergarten, First and Second Grades. Mr. Reynolds is best known for his books The Dot, Ish, and North Star. He will introduce to us his new book, The Word Collector at the assembly.

Here is a quote by Peter Reynolds to explain his mission, “When I visit students in schools they ask me what my hobbies are. I say thinking, dreaming. If my art and stories can help inspire others to do the same, I'll feel my life had meaning.”

If any families would like to order personalized autographed books by Mr. Reynolds, please print and return an order form to the library media center by Tuesday, Jan. 30. Follow this link to the LMC website to find the order form. Paper copies of order forms will also be available in the library for students to bring home.